2010 writers honoured at literary awards
Wednesday, July 13
The Saba literary awards were held on July 10 by TBC Bank. The eighth competition of its kind was held in June 2011 and the best literary works and the best authors of 2010 were decided.
All literary works published in 2010 have been considered for the awards, including novels, prosaic collections, collections of poems and plays, as well as Georgian translations of foreign works, literary critiques and documentary prose.
Saba literary awards were granted in the following nominations:
1. Best novel of the year – Erlom Akhvlediani
2. Best collection of poems of the year – Givi Alkhazishvili
3. Best prose work of the year – Maka Mikeladze
4. Best translation of the year - Giorgi Lobzhanidze
5. Best play of the year – Tamaz Ekvtimishvili
6. Best literary critic, essays and documentary prose of the year – Paata Kurdadze
7. Best debut of the year – Tamta Melashvili
8. Award for special contribution to development of Georgian literature – Vakhtang Javakhadze
Apart from special prizes, the winners received monetary awards. The entire funds amount to GEL 36 000 and the winners were awarded by TBC Bank.