Five people were injured as a result of a powerful explosion at a house in Kheta village, Samegrelo region, West Georgia.
House Explosion in Samegrelo Leaves Five Injured
By Tea Mariamidze
Wednesday, November 21
Among the affected ones two are underage. Sulkhan Orjonia, Clinical Director of Zugdidi Referral Hospital, stated that three out of the five patients who had been transferred to them are in a severe condition.
According to the media, two women and one teenager are in critical condition. One woman has 80% (second-third degree) burn and the other - 40%; the teenager has the first quality burnings. All three of them have a shock and they will be taken to the Tbilisi Burning Center as soon as possible.
The other two injured, including one underage, are stable and their lives are not in danger.
According to preliminary information of Emergency Management Service, 150 square meter area was burnt. The fire has been localized.
"Apparently no one was in the house, and when they returned and turned on the lights, the explosion occurred,” Emergency Management Service reports.
The investigation was launched under Article 188 of the Criminal Code, which means damage of property or belongings by negligence.
Georgia’s Interior Minister, Giorgi Gakharia visited the affected people in Zugdidi Hospital. According to him, one of the family members said they wanted to set make fire and used gasoline for this, which caused the explosion.
“Everything is being done to save lives of the affected people. I hope the results will be positive in the end,” the minister said.