Mamuka Khazaradze, Chairman of the party Lelo for Georgia, held a presentation of "Lelo Marshall Plan" - Georgia Reconstruction Program. According to the party, the plan envisages a fundamental reconstruction of the Georgian economy. The leader of Lelo spoke in detail about the chances of transforming Georgia as the financial and cultural center of the region.
Lelo for Georgia presents plan for the reconstruction of Georgian economy
By Nika Gamtsemlidze
Monday, September 7
According to Lelo, these are the most important steps:
1. A stronger middle class, 600,000 people with a monthly income of more than GEL 3,000 and 200,000 new jobs;
2. Strong farmers and not a single part of uncultivated land in Georgia
3. No elderly people without state care;
4. Guaranteed first job for all young people and co-financing of the first house for young families;
5. State medical insurance for all families with the involvement of a private insurance company;
6. More economically independent and strong women at the helm of the country;
The presentation also discussed Lelo Model 3.2.1, which includes a $3 billion guarantee fund to increase access to finance, a $2 billion investment fund for small and medium-sized businesses, and a $1 billion investment fund for innovation and high technology.
During the presentation, Mamuka Khazaradze also spoke about the establishment of a stock exchange with international status in Georgia, as a result of which it will be mandatory to place 20% of the shares of state-licensed companies on the stock exchange.
"State-owned enterprises will be privatised through the stock exchange and each citizen will have the opportunity to become a co-owner of the enterprises," the plan reads.
As for the next generation, Khazaradze presented a plan on how young people should live in the country and develop together. "First job" is considered a necessary condition for this - a guaranteed paid internship after 6 months of study. "First House" - 100 million GEL annually to provide housing for young families. Youth Card "25" - free public transport, 50% discount at state theaters, sports and cultural institutions.
Khazaradze also talked about the foreign policy of the country and the plans that Lelo has in this regard. According to him, one of the biggest goals of the party is a rapid integration into NATO and the EU. He also talked about the importance of helping people in the occupied regions of the country.